Blum hinges allow for adjustments of a cabinet door so that it fits perfectly without removing the hinges. Doors with Blum hinges adjust vertically, horizontally and in depth so that all doors match in a kitchen, bathroom or any other area that this type of hinge installs. A correctly fitting cabinet door entirely covers the cabinet door opening and overlaps the framework in an equal measurement on all four sides.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phillips screwdriver
Loosen the Phillips screw on the Blum hinge farthest from the cabinet door opening. Turn the screw counterclockwise to move the door left and clockwise to move the door right for a right side hinge inside the cabinet. To adjust a left side hinge inside the cabinet, turn the screw counterclockwise to move the door right and clockwise to move the door left.
Turn the Phillips screw on the Blum hinge closest to the cabinet door opening. Turn the screw counterclockwise to loosen. Adjust the cabinet door height by moving the door up or down within the hinge. This adjustment allows the hinge to move vertically. Tighten the screw after making adjustments.
Loosen both the top and bottom Phillips screws on the hinge. Push the cabinet door closer to the cabinet frame or pull it out from the cabinet frame to match the other cabinet doors. This is the depth adjustment on a Blum hinge. Tighten the screws after adjustments.
Tips and warnings
- When adjusting a Blum hinge only turn the screw slightly and then close the cabinet door to observe the difference of the adjustment.
- Small incremental adjustments will make the perfect fit of a cabinet door easier to obtain.
- The depth adjustment is most important on faceless cabinets. This type of European style cabinet allows cabinet doors to close into the cabinet opening without the door resting on the framework.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for