The AccuWeather.com weather gadget, or "widget", is a useful desktop accessory that provides current weather conditions and five-day forecasts for any location worldwide. It also offers alerts for severe weather conditions. It is easily configured for specific locations, and its appearance can be customised to suit your preferences. Versions are available for PC, Macintosh or Linux computers.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PC, Macintosh or Linux computer
- AccuWeather.com® Stratus™ Widget
- Adobe Air (required by the Widget)
Download and install the AccuWeather.com Stratus Widget from the Adobe Air Marketplace. This widget requires Adobe Air software, which also can be downloaded there.
Click the "Settings" icon in the widget, which looks like a small gear wheel on the left side. This will open a window with the various options available.
Click the box in the centre of the window that says "Input Location Here." You may input the location in a number of ways: by name of city, city and state, city and country, or Postcode. A small window will appear with the city name, or names if the search resulted in multiple cities. Click the city name you want.
Click "Done" when the city name appears in the central box. The widget will resume its normal appearance, showing the weather for the city you have selected.
Tips and warnings
- You may repeat the selection process for other cities, then switch between your chosen cities by clicking the city name in the widget and selecting the alternate city from the list.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for