No kid can resist the gooey, slippery feel of brightly coloured slime between his fingers, and a handful of fresh slime will bring back childhood memories for most adults as well. You can stir up a batch of slime with just a few basic ingredients.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Paper towels
- Small mixing bowls
- Powdered borax
- White craft glue
- Zip-close bag
- Food colouring
Spread a layer of newspapers over your working surface to make cleanup easier. Keep a roll of paper towels handy for any spills.
Place a cup of lukewarm water in a small mixing bowl. Add 1 tbsp of powdered borax and stir until the mixture is completely dissolved.
Put 1/4 cup of water in a separate mixing bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup of white craft glue and mix well.
Place 1/2 cup of the borax mixture in a zip-close bag. Add 1/2 cup of the glue mixture. Drop in 1 or 2 drops of the food colouring of your choice. Seal the zip-close bag securely and knead the bag until the ingredients combine and form slime.
Remove the slime from the bag and try it out. If the slime feels sticky, replace the slime in the bag and add a small amount or borax and knead well. For too-slippery slime, knead in a few more drops of white glue.
Tips and warnings
- Slime will last longer if you wash your hands before using it. Keep your slime fresh longer by storing it in the refrigerator when you aren't using it. If the slime moulds or gets too dry to use, throw it out and make a fresh batch.
- To make glow-in-the-dark slime, substitute a few drops of glow-in-the-dark paint in place of food colouring.
- Instead of small mixing bowls, mix the slime ingredients in clear margarine or cottage cheese containers. Either dispose of the containers when you're finished, or wash them for use in another project.
- Keep slime away from children younger than 3. Keep the borax on a high shelf, as borax can be toxic in large amounts.
- Use slime carefully, as the food colouring can stain carpets and clothing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for