Building an online avatar is a fun and creative way to create a web identity. It's also as easy as pie. For those interested in Japanese culture, anime, or cartoons and comics in general, an anime avatar is the perfect way for you to create an online profile picture that says something about who you are as a person.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet connection
Boot up your computer and open your Internet browser. Type the URL, or web address, of your favourite search engine into the web address bar. Type "create anime avatar," or a similar search phrase, into the query box on your chosen search engine.
Have patience. A number of sites will appear. Some will offer you the opportunity to create an anime avatar, others will provide information the anime movie "Avatar." Read the descriptions of the sites. Click the hyperlink of a site offering avatar creation services and look at the offerings of a few anime avatar creators.
Choose your site. Some sites will offer links through which you can directly upload your avatar to your blog or social networking site profile, while others will offer a wide array of body types, hairstyles, and even clothing. Read site descriptions and chose the one that best suits your purpose.
Create your avatar. To begin, click the site's "start" or "create your avatar" button. Through clicking on links such as "hairstyle," "eyes," and "colouration," you may detail the specifics of your avatar, down to minute details such as make up. All avatar sites have similar links, either as a sidebar or at the top of the page. Use these links to create your avatar.
Save your avatar. Some anime avatar sites allow you to download the image to your desktop. To do this, click on the button labelled "download" or "download now." Your computer will prompt you about where you'd like to download the file. Saving it to the desktop is an easy way to ensure you won't forget where it is.
Other sites will offer you the option of loading the avatar directly to a social networking site or blog. Clink the "link" or "load" button. This will prompt you to choose a server through which you'd like to share your avatar. You'll also be prompted to enter you password for the chosen site, and may have to solve a word scramble.
Creating Your Avatar
Tips and warnings
- Have an idea of which type of avatar you're looking for: hero, heroine, villain, warrior, comic foil, etc. Different sites offer different avatars.
- Anime avatar sites allow you to see what you're creating while you're creating it. Once you're done, if something doesn't look quite right -- say the hairstyle doesn't suit the glasses -- you'll be able to go back and tweak your avatar.
- Keep in mind that in Japanese, anime is short for the English word "animation". Manga, which means "whimsical pictures," is the proper name of Japanese comics. Unless your avatar involves some kind of animation, what you're technically creating is a manga avatar. While this may seem like irrelevant minutia, anime message board regulars are sticklers for such points.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for