The Epson Stylus Pro 9600 printer has seven printheads of different colours that allow it to print images with great accuracy, whereas a printer with only one colour printhead and one black printhead may miss a shade here or there. Replacing a printhead is easy because the printhead compartment is located externally. You can replace all the printheads in a minute or two and get back to work.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn on the printer.
Locate the printhead compartment on the left side of the front of the printer and flip the cover down to expose the printheads.
Lift the printhead release lever on the right side of the printhead compartment.
Slide out the printhead that you want to replace. If you're replacing multiple printheads, remove them one by one so that you don't become confused as to which colour goes into which space.
Slide a printhead of the same colour as the old one into the empty space with the arrow on the top of the printhead facing toward the printer.
Lower the printhead release lever to lock the cartridges into place and close the printhead compartment cover.
The printer is now ready for use.
Tips and warnings
- If you purchase an UltraChrome printhead, you have to shake it before using it.
- If the printhead you're installing is a large one, at 220ml instead of the factory-sized 110ml, you won't be able to close the printhead compartment cover. Leaving the cover open won't harm the printer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for