One of the benefits of using a company like FedEx, UPS or DHL is that you have the ability to track your packages. Tracking your packages lets you find out the estimated-delivery date; it can even provide you with an estimated time slot if you check the status the day of the delivery. Some items require a signature for delivery. Finding out when FedEx will deliver a package lets you prepare to be home for the delivery.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Contact the seller or shipper of the product. Ask for the FedEx tracking number and write it down. If you purchased a product, many companies provide you with the tracking number by e-mail.
Visit the FedEx tracking page (see Resources) to search for your package online. Type the tracking number into the box. Click "Track," and wait a few moments for the system to find your package. View the estimated delivery date on the report.
Call FedEx at 1-800-463-3339 if you want to track your package by telephone. Press "2" at the main menu. Then speak your tracking number, or enter it using your keypad. The automated system provides you with information about your package, including the estimated delivery date.
Tips and warnings
- If you are the seller or shipper, you can also check the status of a delivery by using your FedEx account reference number.
- If you have a door tag (if you already missed delivery of the package), you can also enter the door-tag number into the system to check the re-delivery date.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for