Changing the oil on your Kawasaki Mule 610 is similar to changing the oil on a car. This means that the oil should be changed regularly, such as once or twice a year. When the oil is changed on a regular basis you will keep the engine running smoothly. You can change the oil in your Mule by draining the old oil and then adding new oil to the machine.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Drain pan
- Motor oil
Move the Mule to a garage or other area where you can change the oil.
Place a drain pan under the drain valve for the Mule. Remove the drain plug to allow the oil to flow into the drain pan.
Raise the hood and then remove the cap for the oil reservoir. This will allow the oil to drain out faster.
Wait about two to three minutes for the oil to drain and then replace the drain plug.
Insert a funnel into the opening for the oil reservoir and pour motor oil into the funnel.
Pull out the dipstick and clean it off with a cloth or rag. Replace the dipstick and then pull it out again to check the level of the oil. Stop adding oil when the level reaches the "Full" line on the dipstick.
Replace the cap for the oil reservoir and then close the bonnet.
Tips and warnings
- Use a socket wrench to remove the drain plug if it does not want to come off by hand.
- Refer to the owner's manual for the correct amount of oil to add.
- You can purchase an owner's manual directly from Kawasaki.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for