Giant, fake spiders make eye-catching Halloween decorations for indoors or outdoors; have them "crawling" up a wall or the outside of the house, or set them on a buffet table with a ghoulish party spread. One spider will take about an hour to make, not counting drying time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 6-inch foam ball, per spider
- 12-inch foam ball, per spider
- 17-feet-thick aluminium craft wire, per spider
- Black spray paint
- Spray glitter (optional)
- Large plastic trash bags, black
- Clear tape
- Red, white and yellow paint (optional)
Spray paint foam balls black in a well-ventilated area. Repeat if necessary. If desired, add a coat of glitter spray.
Cut two 2-inch pieces of wire with scissors. Push wires into the top of the large foam ball about 1/2-inch deep. Push the other ends into the smaller foam ball, and push the two balls together. Reinforce by applying craft glue to the connection. Allow it to dry.
Convert the plastic trash bag to 6-inch-wide strips by cutting with scissors.
Cut the remaining wire into 24-inch pieces. Tape plastic strip 2 inches from one end, and wrap wire with the plastic until it is covered completely. Secure with tape. Repeat until there are eight plastic-wrapped pieces of wire.
Bend wires in the centre, and again 2 inches from the wrapped end. Insert each unwrapped end into the sides of the large foam ball. Adjust as desired, and glue to reinforce. Dry completely.
Paint details such as eyes, fangs and back markings to finish.
Tips and warnings
- Attach the spiders to a wall with double-sided foam mounting tape.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for