Aluminium can recycling will help the environment. If you save the cans and take them to your local recycling company, you can make a little bit of money. Crushing the cans will make it easier to get more cans into a bag or can bin. You can buy a can crusher or you can make your own with materials that you can find around the house or at the local hardware store in the bargain bins.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Handle with screws (from old screen door)
- 2 metal jar lids
- 4 small screws, 1 inch long
- Door hinge with screws, 4 to 5 inches long
- 1 board, 30 inches long by 5 inches wide by 2 inches thick
- Drill and bit
Use the saw to cut the board in half so that you have two 15-inch pieces.
Place the two boards on top of each other. On the ends of the boards, which are 2 inches thick, attach the door hinge. After the door hinge is attached, you will be able to lift up the top board and close it while the bottom board stays stationary.
Use two 1-inch screws to attach the jar lid to the top board. The edge of the jar lid should be flush with the end of the board. Use the drill to make the pilot hole in the lid and the board. The drill bit should be the size of the screw. Do the same on the bottom board.
Attach the door handle to the top of the top board 1/2 inch from the end of the board and centred. Place the handle the long way and not side to side. Attach the handle with two 1-inch screws and the screwdriver.
Tips and warnings
- To crush a can: Lift up on the handle, place the can in the bottom jar lid and bring the top board lid down on the can. Use a little force to crush the can.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for