The most important part of a horse to cover with a fly mask is the horse’s eye area. Most fly masks on the market sit very close to the horse’s eyes, but this one will give the horse a less closed-in feeling by offering some air space between the horse’s eyes and the mesh covering.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Nylon horse halter
- 4x4-foot piece of fine wire mesh
- Velcro with glue backing
Put the halter on your horse.
Tuck one edge of the fine wire mesh into the part of the halter that goes across the horse’s forehead.
Billow out the wire mesh so that it is not touching the horse’s face and tuck all the rest of the edges of the mesh under the straps of the halter. This will create a bubble of mesh around the horse’s face.
Mark the parts of the mesh that touch the parts of the nylon halter with chalk, thus creating a pattern to cut out of the mesh.
Remove the mesh from the halter and cut the pattern out of the mesh. Discard the extra pieces around the edges.
Line the outside of the halter with the stiff half of Velcro. Remove the backing to make it stick to the halter.
Attach the softer half of the Velcro to the edges of the wire mesh cutout.
Attach the mesh to the halter, sealing the pieces together with the Velcro.
Tips and warnings
- Only do this on your horse if you have a horse who is not head shy.
- Never use scissors near the horse’s face in case the horse moves and you accidentally poke him with the scissors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for