Urine stains on a mattress can come from small children and pets. Urine stains can have odours of ammonia, and the ammonia smell can fill up a room in a few minutes. It is vital to remove the stain and smell from the room immediately. Treat the stain as quickly as possible after it happens. This is the best chance you have of successfully removing the stain and smell with one treatment. This can be done with a few simple steps using household products.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cleaning solvent, such as OxiClean or Shout!
- Spray bottle
- 10 drops lavender-scented oil
Spray the cleaning solvent on the stain.
Wait 10 minutes.
Scrub the stain with the cloth until the stain comes out.
Mix 1 ½ cups of vinegar with 3 cups of warm water in the spray bottle, and add scented oil.
Put the lid on and shake the spray bottle.
Mist the mixture over the mattress.
Allow to air dry before replacing sheets, about two hours.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for