How to remove bright yellow dog vomit from a carpet
dog image by Michal Tudek from Fotolia.com
If you have a dog, inevitably he will have accidents or occasionally throw up on your carpet. Bright yellow dog vomit on your carpet can be especially difficult to remove. The bright yellow colour may be a combination of food and stomach bile.
Act fast to remove bright yellow dog vomit stains from your carpet using supplies readily available in most homes. It is possible to remove older stains, as well.
- If you have a dog, inevitably he will have accidents or occasionally throw up on your carpet.
- Bright yellow dog vomit on your carpet can be especially difficult to remove.
spoon image by Jim Mills from Fotolia.com
Scoop up the vomit from your carpet using a spoon. Remove as much substance as possible and place it in a trash bag for disposal.
Cover the vomit stain completely with baking soda. Allow the baking soda to wick up any moisture from the stain; let it sit until it's completely dry. Depending on how much liquid is there, you may have to leave the baking soda on overnight.
- Cover the vomit stain completely with baking soda.
- Allow the baking soda to wick up any moisture from the stain; let it sit until it's completely dry.
vacuum cleaner image by vb_photo from Fotolia.com
Vacuum up the baking soda from your carpet.
toilettenpapier image by Victoria p. from Fotolia.com
Saturate the area with club soda. Blot at the vomit stain using paper towels. Continue to blot until you've wicked up as much moisture as possible.
Spray the stained area with a household disinfectant spray. Allow the disinfectant to sit on the stain for a few minutes.
Blot up the disinfectant, as well as the remainder of the stain, with paper towels.
- Use a stain remover for pet accidents on hard-to-remove vomit stained areas.
- Repeated vomiting by your dog may indicate other health issues. Take him to the veterinarian to get checked.
Mary Ylisela is a former teacher with a Bachelor of Arts in elementary education and mathematics. She has been a writer since 1996, specializing in business, fitness and education. Prior to teaching, Ylisela worked as a certified fitness instructor and a small-business owner.