An e-mail virus is a program that attaches itself to an e-mail. If you get one in your e-mail, it can spread to the rest of your computer and cause damage. A virus will destroy files, slow down your computer, add adware to your computer or cause other issues to arise. Therefore, it is important to get rid of an e-mail virus as soon as possible.
- Skill level:
Open your virus protection program and click "Full Computer Scan."
Wait for the scan to be completed.
Select the viruses that have appeared. There might be more than one, even if you are only aware of one of them. Click "Quarantine" or "Destroy" to get rid of the virus.
Clear every virus that you find from your computer.
Tips and warnings
- If you run a virus protect program continually, you will have less of a chance of getting e-mail viruses, and if you do get one, the program will destroy it before it harms your computer.
- A spyware program is also a good idea to prevent viruses.
- Use an e-mail program with a spyware or spam filter on it, which will usually scan your e-mails for viruses before you can open them.
- Don't ever open an e-mail from someone you don't know, and don't open an attachment unless you are absolutely sure of what it is.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for