Whether the need is for a theatrical prop, an addition to a Halloween costume or just a little creative fun, making a shotgun from cardboard is not difficult. This is an inexpensive craft project that does not require a great deal of skill or time. Children can also learn some very basic sculpting techniques by creating this three-dimensional firearm.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Piece of corrugated cardboard that is big enough to accommodate the size of gun desired
- Black marker
- White school glue
- Tracing paper
Draw the gun on cardboard and trace with black marker. It's easy to find images of guns on the internet that can serve as a reference. Rulers can help to create straight edges where necessary.
Trace over most prominent areas with tracing paper to create patterns.
Draw additional pieces on cardboard, one piece for each side of the gun.
Add dimension by filling in with black marker in appropriate places.
Cut out gun and extra pieces. Increase definition by building up each piece with additional cardboard.
Glue all pieces in place with white school glue.
Tips and warnings
- This layered sculpting technique can be utilised to make other types of paper and cardboard crafts.
- Make sure that the cardboard that is used is brown on both sides before starting.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for