The Medtronic Carelink USB is a wireless device that transmits information from MiniMed Paradigm® insulin pumps and Guardian® REAL-Time Continuous Glucose Monitors to Carelink personal. Carelink personal is a web-based diabetes management program that lets users store information and track glucose and insulin levels over time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- MiniMed Paradigm® insulin pumps or Guardian® REAL-Time Continuous Glucose Monitors
- Internet connection
- Internet Explorer
- Medtronic Carelink USB
- Carelink personal login ID
- Carelink personal login password
Take a reading using a MiniMed Paradigm® insulin pump or Guardian® REAL-Time Continuous Glucose Monitor.
Open Internet Explorer on a computer with an Internet connection and go to http://carelink.minimed.com>
Click on the "Upload" tab at the top of the screen. The upload wizard will open up. Keep following the prompts until the screen says that it is installing the Carelink USB driver. When the driver is installed, click "Finish."
Insert the Carelink USB into an open USB port on the computer. The computer will say that it has found new hardware and open an installation wizard. Follow the installation wizard using the given settings, then click "Finish." The drivers for the Medtronic Carelink USB have now been installed.
Tips and warnings
- Do not insert the Carelink USB until prompted to do so otherwise the drivers may not install correctly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for