The headlight bulbs in a Toyota Corolla are simple to access and should only take a few minutes to replace. When pulling the bulb out of the assembly, notice the bulb part number etched on the bulb itself. Take that part number to the automotive parts store for quick access to all the bulbs available for that car.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flat tip screwdriver
- New headlight
Open the bonnet to access the back of the headlight assembly. Trace the wires that lead to the back of the headlight assembly of the blown headlamp.
Remove the air cleaner duct with a flat tip screwdriver. Removal of the air duct is only necessary if the passenger headlamp needs to be replaced. Place the duct to the side.
Locate the back of the headlight assembly. Unscrew the headlight bulb socket counter-clockwise to free it from the assembly.
Disconnect the electrical harness at the back of the socket by pulling the release tab up and sliding the connector out from the socket. Dispose of the old bulb.
Plug the electrical connector into the new bulb. The connector will lock in place.
Screw the socket into the back of the assembly. Turn clockwise until it locks in place.
Test the new bulb by turning the lights on. Install the air duct.
Tips and warnings
- 9006 is the part number for the low beam headlights.
- 9005 is the part number for the high beam headlights.
- Do not touch the bulb with your fingers. The oil from the skin will cause the bulb to burn out prematurely.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for