When you are having problems using Quickbooks from Intuit, you may need to delete some of the files that are used during the registration of the program. One such file that you can delete is the license file that contains the product key that is used when registering the program. Deleting this file will allow you to reinstall the program to your computer without any previous registration information. You can remove the license file for Quickbooks by first locating the file on your system.
- Skill level:
Turn on the option to view hidden files in Windows. Right-click the "Start" menu and select "Explore."
Click the "Tools" dropdown and select "Folder Options." Click the "View" tab and select the "Show hidden files and folders" option below and click the "Apply" button. Click the "OK" button to close the Folder Options window.
Click the "Start" menu and then select the "Search" option.
Select the option to search for "All files and folders."
Type "quicken.lic" into the "All or part of the file name" field and then click the "Search" button.
Right-click the file on the right to display the context menu and click "Delete."
Click the "Start" menu and go to the Control Panel. Select "Folder Options" and then click the "View" tab. Select the "Show hidden files and folders" option and click the "OK" button.
Click the "Start" button and type "quicken.lic" into the search box.
Right-click on the file to display the context menu.
Click the "Delete" option to remove the license file from your system.
Windows Vista/Window 7
Tips and warnings
- Searching for the file will find all of the files with the same name on your system and also provide the location of the file.
- The Quickbooks program may not work correctly if you delete the license file and do not reinstall the program.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for