Curtains are a simple way to spruce up a room inexpensively. If you are decorating a room for the first time, you should consider the useful aspects of curtains as a source of privacy and controlling the sun coming into the room. You can use curtain tracks or rods to hang your curtains and as added decoration to your room. There are several designs for curtain tracks available, so choose the design that will fit the overall decor of your room.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Step ladder
- Metal measuring tape
- Curtain track kit
Measure a line two inches above the window and draw the line lightly across the place you will place the track.
Measure exactly two inches on each side of the line you have drawn above the window so that the brackets will be two inches beyond the width of the window and mark the spots with an 'x'.
Drill a hole into the centre of each 'x'.
Place the screw anchors included in the kit in the hole and lightly tap in with the hammer so that screws anchors are flush with the wall.
Align the bracket with the screw anchor and tighten the screws with the screwdriver. Repeat on the other side of the window.
Hang the rail and place curtain attachments from the kit across the length of the track.
Hang the curtains on the curtain attachments.
Tips and warnings
- When you buy the track kit, make sure that all the pieces specified by the manufacturer are included and then lay them out in order of use.
- Make sure that your lines are even and level to the window. It is better to measure twice then to have to redo the job.
- For best results, make sure that the curtains are two to four inches longer and wider than the window.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for