Dog hair has a way of clinging to everything, including your clothing. Once it gets on your clothing, it does not like to let go. Removing dog hair from your clothing can be frustrating; however, there are ways to remove the hair that are easy and very effective.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Rubber dish washing gloves
- Clothes dryer
- Washing machine
- Washing powder
- Dryer sheet
Shake your clothes off outside to remove any loose hair.
Rub the clothing down with rubber dish washing gloves. The rubber will create enough static electricity to pick up a lot of the hair.
Place the clothing into the dryer and run it for one cycle. Choose whatever cycle you normally would use with your clothing. Clean the dryer vent thoroughly once the cycle is over.
Wash your clothes in the washing machine on your usual cycle. Use either your regular washing powder or a speciality washing powder. There are detergents on the market that are have a high level of enzymes to release the hold hair has on your clothing. These detergents can be found at pet stores.
Dry your clothing in the dryer, again on your usual setting. Place a dryer sheet in the dryer to help break the static charge. The wet hair tends to clump together on your clothing during the wash cycle; the hot air of the dryer will blow the clumped hair off of your clothing and into the lint trap. If needed, repeat the dryer cycle a second time with a clean dryer sheet and a cleaned lint trap.
Tips and warnings
- In between laundry loads, there are a few products you can use for spot touch ups. If you have a lint brush you can rub that over top of your clothing. These are covered in a special fabric that clings to the hair. If you prefer, you can use a sticky lint brush which is roller with sticky tape that you roll over the clothing. If you do not have either of these, roll a piece of tape so the sticky side is out and pat the clothing to remove the hair.
- Brush your dog at least once a week. The less hair your dog has on him the less that will end up on your clothing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for