Husqvarna produces several models of string trimmers for home and professional use. All are designed to be easily serviced, and replacing trimmer line is a simple procedure. This allows you to save money by replacing only the line, which can be bought in bulk, rather than using pre-wound replacement spools. It is important to keep the line fresh to get the most out of your trimmer, and proper maintenance will go a long way in extending its life.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Replacement trimmer line, 0.095 inches to 0.106 inches in diameter
- Scissors or wire cutters
Grasp the trimmer head and apply pressure to each side. Pull up to remove the trimmer head.
Separate the line spool from the trimmer head. Remove old trimmer line if necessary.
Cut a 20-foot length of trimmer line 0.095 inches to 0.106 inches in diameter.
Fold the line in half and hook its midpoint on the notch in the spool's centre divider. Adjust the line so that one half is 4 inches shorter than the other.
Wrap the line spool in the direction indicated by the arrow on the spool. Keep each half of the line on its side of the divider and do not let new turns of the line overlap previous turns. Wrap until the entire line is on the spool.
Thread off 6 inches of line from each side of the spool and insert one each into the guide holes located on either side of the spool.
Replace the trimmer head, align the head and spool assembly with the main trimmer body, and press down until it clicks into place.
Tap the trimmer head against the ground while the trimmer is engaged to dispense trimmer line.
Tips and warnings
- While the trimmer is disassembled, it is a good idea to lubricate all moving parts.
- Be sure the trimmer is completely off before replacing the trim line to avoid accidental injury. It is a good idea to remove the spark plug on a gas mower to prevent accidental ignition.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for