Printing on black paper may seem as simple as replacing the white paper in your printer with black paper and choosing to print with white ink instead of the usual black. The problem is, however, that you cannot purchase white ink cartridges. Even attempting to print a light grey will not show up on black paper, as grey print mingles black ink on the white background to produce grey. Although you cannot print visible text on black paper, there is a method that will allow you to achieve the same effect.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Printer with paper and ink
Change the entire background of the page you wish to print to black. This can be done by choosing "fill" or "background colour" in the program that you are working in.
Highlight the text and choose white as the text colour. Review the page to ensure it looks correct.
Print as you normally would. The printer will colour the entire page black, leaving the text white. While this uses a large amount of toner, it is the only effective way to produce white text on black paper.
Tips and warnings
- Take the black paper with white text to a printer shop. Have them reproduce the paper, which will prevent you from using all of your black ink, thus cutting down on costs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for