Whether it's for a functional purpose such as saving space or for cosmetic reasons, LCD TVs, including those made by LG, can be mounted to walls, cabinets, doors or any other flat surface. In order to do this, however, you will have to take the base off of your LCD TV. Fortunately, removing a base from an LG LCD TV is a task easily completed with one tool and by one person--unless the TV is too large for one person to lift.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Table or other flat surface
- Soft cloth or towel
- Phillips screwdriver
Unplug your LG LCD TV from its power supply and unhook any other cables from the TV.
Lay a towel or a soft cloth onto a table or another flat, supportive surface.
Lay the LG LCD TV face down on the towel, which will protect the screen from being damaged.
Use the Phillips screwdriver to remove the four bolts that hold the base in place. The bolts are located in the centre of the TV near the bottom.
Slide the stand out from the bottom of the TV.
Press the protection cover, which is supplied with the TV, into the spot on the TV where you removed the base until you hear it click into place.
Re-insert the four bolts you removed into the holes on the back of the TV and tighten them with the Phillips screwdriver.
Tips and warnings
- The protection cover is installed in place of the base to not only protect the TV from damage, but also to keep you and anyone else that comes in contact with the TV from snagging clothing or body parts on the TV's metal edges.
- Only remove the base from your LG LCD TV if you intend to mount it or have another method to support the TV. Without its base in place, the TV will not sit upright.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for