Vegetable lasagne is one of those meals that you can make ahead of time, freeze and serve whenever a quick meal is needed. Or, you can make it for dinner tonight and freeze the leftovers for later. Either way, by making your own you are guaranteeing that the lasagne you serve your family is healthy and nutritious and does not contain the indecipherable ingredients found in shop-bought ready meals.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Aluminium foil
- Shallow baking dish
Line a lasagne pan or 23 by 33 cm (9 by 13 inch) shallow baking dish with heavy duty aluminium foil.
Prepare the vegetable lasagne recipe according to directions using the foil lined pan.
Cook the lasagne as specified. Remove from the oven and let the food cool.
Cover the pan with heavy duty aluminium foil and place it in the freezer. Allow the lasagne to freeze solid; this will take approximately 24 hours.
Remove the pan from the freezer and remove the frozen lasagne from the pan. Wrap the lasagne, tightly, in a second layer of aluminium foil.
Place the foil wrapped lasagne back into the freezer until it is needed. To cook, unwrap the outer layer of foil and place the frozen lasagne back into the original pan. Cook 45 to 60 minutes until it is hot and bubbly throughout.
Freshly made lasagne
Transfer the leftover lasagne to a smaller shallow baking dish lined with foil.
Cover it with foil and freeze. When it is frozen solid, remove it from the freezer and from the pan. Wrap it with a second layer of foil and place back into the freezer until needed.
Reheat by placing the lasagne back into the pan and baking it until it is heated through.
Tips and warnings
- When packaging leftover lasagne for a later meal, consider the size of your slow cooker. Locate a baking dish or container that will fit easily inside the cooker. Freeze the leftovers in that container. When ready to cook, unwrap and let the slow cooker do the work by cooking on low for four to six hours until hot.
- Use this method to freeze traditional meat lasagne, as well.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for