Swimming is an international sport, and women's swimwear is manufactured all over the world, including Europe and the United States. If you're located in the U.S. and buying swimwear from a European company, you may not know how your American swimsuit size compares to your European size. However, there is an easy way to find out.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Swimsuit with American size tag
Find the size of a swimsuit you already own that fits you well, by looking at the tag.
Find your American size on the chart; for example, size 8 (a medium).
Scan the chart to find the sizes for the country you're buying the swimsuit from. For example, the Italian equivalent of an American size 8 is 42.
Find Your Size
Tips and warnings
- If you don't have access to the Internet, you can estimate your size. A rough guide for French, Italian and German sizes is to add 30 to whatever your American size is. For example, an American size 6 (a small) plus 30 roughly equals a European size 36. For British sizes, just add 2. For example, an American size 12 (a large) plus 2 equals a British size 14.
- British, French, German and Italian swimwear sizes all differ slightly. If possible, it's best to convert to the sizes of a specific country rather than estimate.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for