There are two ways to remove the AVG toolbar. One way will simply remove the toolbar from your view, but will not delete it from your computer. The other way will uninstall the toolbar completely. Removing the toolbar from your view is a much simpler process. If you wish to completely remove the AVG toolbar from your computer, and you don't want to download any uninstall tools, then the best way to do it is to uninstall AVG and then reinstall it, without the toolbar.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open up a Web browser. At the top of the browser window, click the "Tools" tab. (If you are using Firefox, click the "View" tab.)
Scroll down to the "Toolbars" option and highlight it. Here you will see a list of the toolbars that are installed on your computer.
Click on "AVG toolbar," and it will disappear from view.
To Remove AVG Toolbar From View
Close all open Web browsers.
From the "Start" menu, go to "Control Panel."
Select "Add or Remove Programs" from the control panel options. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you will select the "Programs and Features" option.
Scroll down the list until you find "AVG." When you find it, select "Uninstall." At this point, the uninstall wizard will begin gathering data and files to be deleted. It will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall, and then it will give you two options of the files you want to delete, which are virus vault files and user settings. Check both boxes, and proceed.
Restart your computer when the uninstall is finished. Reinstall AVG, but when it asks you if you want to install the toolbar, uncheck the box. This will reinstall AVG without the toolbar. Follow installation instructions and finish.
To Remove AVG Toolbar From Your Computer
Tips and warnings
- If you perform your Internet searches using the AVG toolbar, it will immediately let you know whether a site is presumed safe or not. Consider the pros and cons of the AVG toolbar before you decide to remove it.
- Pay close attention to the screen prompts if you are reinstalling AVG. Read them carefully, otherwise you may miss the prompt that asks whether you want to install the toolbar, and you will have to repeat the process.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for