Over the years skate shoes have made the transition from street wear to high fashion. They have evolved from the days of canvas Vans to include quality leather based brands like DC. While wearing skate boarding shoes has become a main stay in street fashion, some of the best designs on people's feet isn't what they are grabbing off the shelves. Its the things that they design themselves. Designing your own pair of DC skate shoes can be a fun way to make your sneakers stand out in a crowd. There are two ways to start designing your own sneakers. You can place an order with a custom shoe store and let them put your designs on your shoes. Or you can custom order appliques to put on yourself.
- Skill level:
Pick your shoes. DC offers a wide variety of skate shoes to choose from. They offer everything from canvas shoes to leather uppers and high-tops. Go to your local shoe stores or DCshoes.com to look at shoe styles for your design.
Decide on your design. You can put almost anything on your sneakers. Experiment with different types of letters, colours and charters that say something about you or your personality.
Upload your design to the web site that will apply the design to your shoes. The site that you choose will give you instructions on how to upload your designs to their system.Use the check out function on the web site you choose to place your order and arrange for payment.
If using an applique, once your order arrives you can place them on your shoes in whatever pattern you'd like.
Tips and warnings
- If you are unsure how a design is going to look on a shoe, web site like Sneakerobsession.com can provide with templates for different makes of shoes. Find you shoe style and test you designs on the template before deciding on a design. Check the sneaker selection on your designers web site before purchasing shoes from the store. In some cases the shoe designer may provide the shoes for you. If the designer requires you to provide the shoes make sure they are new and unworn.
- If using an applique to design your shoes be careful of your placement. Appliques used on sneakers are generally meant to be permanent and may not be able to be removed once on the shoe. Be careful of copyright laws when designing your shoes. Stay away from things pertaining to specific products, brands or slogans.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for