Eggs are a natural source of protein and can be ingested or used externally to promote hair growth. The protein found in eggs can be used to help the hair grow by increasing the strength of the hair follicle and also to repair any damage from heat or chemical applications.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Egg whisk
- Spoon or spatula
- Lemon or lime juice
- Heat cap
- Hooded hair dryer
Use raw eggs to create hair treatments that will help strengthen your hair. One option is to create a hair mask using eggs and other ingredients from your kitchen. Combine two egg yolks with 235 ml (1cup) of yoghurt, a tablespoon of lemon or lime juice and honey. This should create a frothy paste that you can apply to your hair as a conditioner. Leave in for 10-20 minutes. Consider sitting under a hooded hair dryer or using a heat cap with the conditioner for intense therapy. Rinse out and continue to style hair as usual.
Apply raw egg yolks to your favourite moisturising conditioner for a bonus of protein. Choose a moisturising conditioner that contains very little, if any, protein ingredients, as the raw egg yolk will provide all of the protein you will need.
Pour some conditioner into a small bowl. Add the yolk of an egg and mix with a spoon until it is fully blended and smooth. Consider adding honey and olive oil for additional moisturising agents. Blend all of the ingredients until smooth. Apply to your hair as a deep conditioner treatment for 15-20 minutes using a heat cap. Rinse out and style as usual.
Use raw egg alone on your hair as another way to promote hair growth. Mix the egg yolk with lime juice using an egg whisk. Then apply to your hair and leave in for a few minutes. Follow up by shampooing your hair and then applying a light moisturising conditioner. This will not only increase your hair growth, but it will also add much needed shine to dull hair. Rinse out and style as usual.
Increase the use of eggs in your daily diet to promote healthy hair. Eggs are a great addition to any protein or breakfast shake. Other options are to eat scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs or make your favourite egg salad (using hard boiled eggs, light mayonnaise, chopped onions and celery). By eating eggs, you are ingesting the protein and important nutrients which should also promote hair growth.
Tips and warnings
- When eating eggs to promote hair growth, be sure to eat the egg yolk and not just egg whites to insure getting all of the protein that your body needs.
- When using a protein conditioner or applying eggs to any hair treatment, be sure to follow up with a moisturising conditioner. Protein treatments strengthen the hair but can also be drying to the hair, therefore it is necessary to follow up any protein treatments with a moisturising conditioner.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for