What kid doesn't love a happy meal? You can make even your pickiest eater thrilled with his lunch by designing and decorating a homemade happy meal box for him to take to school, on a picnic or even to enjoy at home. By making your own happy meal, you can create a healthy meal, tailored to suit your child's taste and give him a fun, special meal all at the same time. Creating your own happy meal is cheaper than buying one at a restaurant, too, so you'll be saving money while helping your child have fun.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sheet of thin cardboard
- Print-outs of games, mazes, and colouring pictures
- Straight edge
Use a kid's meal box from a fast food restaurant for your template. Gently unfold it so that you can see how it goes together.
Put the unfolded box on top of the cardboard and carefully trace its outline.
Cut out the shape from the cardboard.
Use the straight edge to create sharp, neat creases where you will fold the cardboard into a box. Then carefully fold your box into shape.
Print out or make copies of mazes, colouring pictures and hidden-picture or word-find games. Glue these to the sides of the box.
Pack the box with your child's favourite healthy lunch. Instead of a toy, include some crayons so she can play the games and colour the pictures.
Homemade Happy Meals
Tips and warnings
- If you don't want to fuss with cutting and folding your box, you can usually find oversized Chinese food boxes at your local party supply story. You can decorate one of these boxes with puzzles and games for the same effect.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for