Having to cover up your legs during the summer season because of unsightly brown spots on your knees is a waste of time that could be spent frolicking in the sand and surf. Bask in the glory of the season and show off your legs without worry. With the use of just a few items, you can remove those brown spots on your knees.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
Make your own homemade sugar scrub to apply to your knees. Mix together equal parts of sugar and olive oil in a small bowl. Add a few drops of lemon.
Apply a thick layer of the scrub to each knee. Rub in a circular motion to exfoliate the skin of the knee area and loosen dead skin cells.
Rinse well with very warm water and pat dry.
Nourish the knee area with pure coconut oil to naturally bleach any remaining dark patches. Leave the coconut oil on so that it absorbs into your skin.
Repeat this process once a week to keep the skin on your knees light and spot free.
Tips and warnings
- This process can be used to lighten dark elbows as well.
- Avoid exfoliating the knee area if there are visible scratches or cuts--the knee area must be free of wounds before you try to remove the brown spots from your knees.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for