Blow dryers and hair dryers can damage the hair when used repeatedly. Oftentimes regular heat damage to the hair shaft can make it necessary to seek out other options for drying the hair. Air drying the hair is a viable option for those who wish to avoid the damage associated with heat-styling the hair. The tips in this article will help you achieve perfectly dried hair without using a hair dryer, every time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Creamy leave-in conditioner
- Mousse or hair serum
Wash your hair with the shampoo and conditioner brand of your choice. Rinse thoroughly.
Gently wring the excess water from your hair. This will help your hair dry much faster, and will help your hair products absorb nicely into your hair shaft.
Carefully wrap an absorbent towel around your hair. Squeeze your hair with the towel and pat dry any remaining moisture on the strands.
Apply a creamy leave-in conditioner to your hair. Light creams work best for most normal heads of hair. Fine-haired individuals may find that sprays work better for helping the hair dry faster to create more volume.
Carefully detangle your hair. Its important that all tangles be removed from the hair prior to fully drying. Great care should be used to detangle the hair as the hair is most delicate when wet.
Once the hair is completely detangled, gently smooth your hair down with a light mousse or hair serum. This will help reduce any frizz that may come about during the air drying process. Make any parts in your hair that you wish to wear now.
Smooth your hair back and gently twist the length of your hair into a loose bun. Your hair will dry, sleek and naturally on its own.
How to Dry Your Hair Without using a Hair Dryer
Tips and warnings
- To achieve straighter styles on curly hair without blow drying, plait the hair into 3-5 large braids after washing. Allow the hair to dry in braids, then remove. The hair will straighten easily from here with a flat iron.
- For flatter air dried hair for those with kinkier hair types, tying a satin scarf on damp hair will help it air dry smoother and sleeker.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for