If you want to create your own masquerade ball invitations, you're going to need some imagination and a sense of the dramatic. Masquerade balls focus on fantasy and indulgence. To create homemade invitations that will entice people to attend the ball, plan out an intriguing and attractive card. You're going to need a computer and printer to find a good piece of mask clip art to help decorate the invitation. If you don't have a printer, you can draw a simple masquerade ball mask and use it as a guide to cut out multiple mask shapes.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Printer paper
- Spray glue
- Silver glitter
- 8-by-6-inch black card stock
- Rubber cement
- Silver metallic writing pen
- Metallic confetti
Use a computer to find clip art of a simple black-and-white masquerade mask. Paste the clip art into an art program and make it 3 inches wide with a bold outline. Print the shape on plain printer paper.
Carefully cut the mask out with scissors, making sure to also cut holes where the eyes would be.
Lightly cover the entire mask shape with spray glue, and sprinkle silver glitter across the paper. Let dry. Shake the loose glitter back into the glitter bottle. Repeat process as needed to create a light cover of glitter over the mask.
Take a sheet of black card stock and fold it into a 4-by-6-inch rectangle card. Smear a little rubber cement to the back of the glittered mask. Secure the mask to the front of the card and let dry.
Open the card and use a pen with silver ink to write the invitation to the masquerade ball. Include the date, time, theme, location, schedule and RSVP information.
Close the card and slip it into a matching envelope. Sprinkle a few pinches of large metallic confetti into the envelope and seal it. Use the silver pen to address the envelope.
Repeat each step as needed to create multiple masquerade ball invitations.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to create a masquerade ball invitation that uses more colour, replace the black card stock with white, the silver glitter with rainbow glitter and the metallic confetti with colourful confetti. You should also replace the silver ink with a fun tone, such as purple.
- Do not use spray glue to secure the glittery mask to the card stock. The glue can absorb into the paper and spread, staining the card.
- Do not use small confetti or glitter as a cute addition to the inside of the envelope. Small particles will fall everywhere when the card is removed from the envelope and make a mess. Large pieces of confetti are easy to clean up.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for