Bedbugs usually accommodate themselves comfortably in the used mattresses and furniture of the household. One can surely avoid being bitten by the bedbugs by keeping a track of their trails, such as looking out for rusty spots on the surface of used mattresses. Though it's important to opt for an application that helps you get rid of bedbugs and their bites, it's equally important to opt for a remedy that doesn't harm you or your loved ones.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1/2 cup of isopropyl alcohol
- 2 to 3 tbsp of high caustic dry soap
- Warm water
- Vacuum cleaner
Buy the ingredients from an grocery store and be sure to buy the dry soap with high caustic effect; it's more effective in stopping bedbugs.
Soak the dry soap in isopropyl alcohol overnight. In the morning, boil the solution of alcohol and dry soap in water.
Dispense a layer of the solution onto the surface of the mattress. Sprinkle on the carpet around the mattress and on any furniture that the bugs might be on.
Allow the dried solution to sit on the surfaces for at least eight hours, and then clean it up with the vacuum. Do this once a week to prevent and kill off any existing bedbugs.
Tips and warnings
- Although you can store the solution mentioned above in the fridge for further, it's preferable to make fresh solution every time.
- One can get rid of the smell of the ingredients by drying the mattress in the sun for a period of time.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for