The Power Twister bar is excellent for working both the upper and lower portions of the pectoral muscles, as well as the biceps. There are several movements you can do to isolate these muscles. It's important to maintain disciplined control with all movements, never compromising the exercise with excessive speed or lazy form. The Power Twister bar is not adjustable; therefore do only the number of repetitions you feel safe performing. Exercise routines are only suggestions based on average performance. It's up to you to add or subtract sets or repetitions according to your body's capabilities.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Hold the Power Twister bar at chest height, with the bar almost touching your chest, and arms extended out to the sides.
Flex the bar as you bring your hands together, and hold for a count of 10.
Slowly release the bar, bringing your arms back to the outstretched position where you began.
Repeat this process 10 times.
Add an extra challenge: begin in the original starting position, as above, with arms outstretched.
Again, flex the Power Twister bar, and bring your hands together, about 8 inches in front of your chest.
Keeping your hands together, ideally touching, push both hands out in front of you until your arms are fully extended.
Slowly release the tension of the Power Twister, allowing it, and your arms, to straighten.
Immediately bring your hands together again, then slowly release, as before.
Bring your hands together again, and then pull them back toward your chest.
Release the tension of the Power Twister bar, returning to the starting position where the Power Twister bar is at chest height, almost touching your chest, and your arms are extended out to the sides.
Tips and warnings
- Do only as many repetitions as you feel comfortable performing.
- Listen to your body. If you feel weak or fatigued, stop.
- Work out every other day, allowing your body time to repair and strengthen the muscles you are training.
- If you have any health issues, consult your doctor before attempting this or any other exercise program.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for