Selling your pool table will clear a large amount of space in your home and put extra cash in your pocket. Many people look to buy used pool tables because it is often much cheaper to buy a used table than to invest in a new one. There are several effective methods of selling a pool table.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
List your pool table for sale online through eBay or Craigslist. Craigslist is free, but eBay charges a fee to list the item and takes a percentage of the final sale price as commission.
Ask the proprietor of your local pool hall if you can post a flyer advertising your pool table. Many business owners will let you advertise it for free, while others may ask for a percentage of the sale. Make a flyer that displays a picture of the pool table, the asking price and your contact information. Post several copies of the flyer in prominent locations throughout the pool hall.
Sell your pool table through a company specialising in the location and sale of pool tables such as Used-pooltable.com or Pro Billiards. Pro Billiards charges a fee to help you sell a pool table. Used-pooltable.com allows you to post a classified ad free for 30 days, but charges £1.90 if you want to extend the ad to 60 days and £1.20 to make your ad a “featured ad". A "featured ad" on Used-pooltable.com increases availability in search engines and protects the buyer of the pool table with a money-back guarantee.
Advertise your pool table in the classified section of your local newspaper. Consult your local paper’s classified ad department for any applicable fees associated with posting an ad.
List the pool table in the “For Sale” section of the community forum at AZBilliards.com. AZBilliards.com is an online network of resources serving the pool-playing community. You can register for free access to the forums by visiting AZBilliards.com and clicking “Register.” Provide your birthdate and e-mail address, create a username and password, and click “Complete Registration.” Contact the forum administrator if you need help formatting your sales listing.
Tips and warnings
- If you are unsure how much your pool table is worth, consult the manufacturer. You can also browse eBay and Cragislist for similar models and base your price on the amounts you discover.
- When selling through eBay, you can save yourself a great deal of inconvenience if you include a provision in your terms of sale requiring the auction winner to make arrangements to pick up the pool table. It can be very difficult to ship an item as large as a pool table.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for