A home that smells fresh and clean can be very inviting. You can buy expensive products to make your house smell like almost anything you can imagine, but the least expensive way to enjoy a fragrant house is to make your own scents. You can make fragrant oil for your lamp burner with two easy-to-find ingredients -- and spend next to nothing.
Things you need
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Pyrex measuring cup
- Metal spoon
- Essential oils
- Fragrance oils
- Amber container
Pour 250 ml (1 cup) of isopropyl alcohol into a glass measuring cup or container.
Add 5 ml (1 tsp) of your selected essential or fragrance oil to the alcohol.
Stir the alcohol and the fragrance oil together. Smell the mixture. Add more fragrance if needed.
Store the mixture in an amber plastic or glass container with a tightly closed lid.
Tips and warnings
- Research essential oils to find scents that are believed to relieve stress, headaches and other ailments.
- Do not allow this mixture to come into contact with finished surfaces.
- Keep the oil away from children and pets.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for