Pizza on Toast is a quick and easy microwave recipe. It is a great way to introduce kids to the idea of cooking, and a great snack or lunch when it is finished. It could also be used to entertain guests. Just toast some bread, add sauce and cheese, heat it up and enjoy.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Pizza or spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional toppings (optional)
Assemble the ingredients. This recipe is great for using up leftover spaghetti sauce from a recent meal. If you don't have any leftover sauce, purchase a can of pizza or spaghetti sauce that you like.
Toast the bread. If you are making Pizza on Toast in large quantities, try toasting the bread in the oven instead of the toaster.
Remove the bread from the toaster. Place it on the plate or platter that you will be serving it on.
Spread the sauce on the toast. Make a thin, even coat across each piece of toast.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese across the sauce, so that it is almost completely covered. Add an additional layer of cheese if you like your pizza extra cheesy.
Add additional toppings. You can chop up peppers, sausage, ground beef or just about any other pizza topping you can think of. Make sure you chop them into fine pieces so they fit on the bread. This will truly personalise your pizza.
Heat the pizzas. If you are only making small quantities, you can heat the prepared pizzas in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. For party or family amounts, heat it in the oven at 121 degrees C for 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Tips and warnings
- You can also make pizza pitas, pizza on crackers and pizza quesadillas. Get creative and use what you have and what you like to make the snack that is right for you.
- Monitor the pizza while it is in the oven or microwave. The cooking time is short, oven and microwave settings vary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for