Clouds come in all forms but it's the fluffy, white clouds that have the most dramatic effect. Drawing these types of clouds can be fairly simple and can be only limited to your imagination. If you need several uniform cloud shapes, try using a cloud stencil. This way, you can create several cloud shapes rather quickly. Instead of paying for a cloud stencil, make one of your own at home with a few tools.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Pencil with eraser
- X-acto knife
- Cutting mat
Take a piece of cardboard and draw an oval shape with a pencil. This will be the base of your cloud.
Draw smaller ovals of different shapes and sizes that intersect the borders of the initial oval.
Erase the lines inside the border of the initial oval that you've created from the smaller ovals. This will give you a more defined cloud shape.
Trace around the cloud shape you have once again to further define the shape.
Place the piece of cardboard onto a cutting mat.
Cut the cloud out from the inside with an X-acto knife.
Tips and warnings
- Be sure your X-acto knife is sharp to get the cleanest cut.
- Be careful using the X-acto knife as it's sharp.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for