Any family with young children knows how much kids love plastic outdoor playhouses. Unfortunately, many of these playhouses come in bright or unattractive colours. Perhaps the playhouse is the favourite spot of a little princess who loves pink but hates her bright orange castle. Painting the playhouse is an easy way to make her happy, but make sure you have the correct materials.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic tarp
- Masking tape
- Medium grain sand paper
- Spray paint and spray primer formulated for use on plastic
Prepare the playhouse for painting by placing it on top of the plastic tarp. If possible, disassemble the playhouse for easier painting.
Gently sand the entire surface of the playhouse, then wash the playhouse to remove any dirt and sandpaper grit. Let the plastic dry completely.
Cover any areas of the playhouse you do not want painted with masking tape.
Evenly cover the entire playhouse with one coat of spray primer. Let the primer coat dry completely.
Spray one coat of paint evenly over the entire surface of the playhouse. For best results, hold the can upright and about 4-6 inches from the plastic. Let the paint dry completely.
Apply a second coat of paint if necessary.
Tips and warnings
- If the playhouse is a very bright colour, two coats of primer may be needed.
- Always use spray paint in a well-ventilated area.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for