The Leaning Tower of Pisa is such a unique and beautiful sight to behold. Why not make a model out of food? You could use many types of foods, as long as you could form the substance to the shape. Re-creating the details of the tower--the levels, the columns, the lean--will make this a fun and creative project for the whole family.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Rice Krispies treat mixture
- Plate or tray
- Fondant or icing
- Food paint
- Paint brush
Form the Rice Krispies treat mixture to the shape of the Leaning Tower of Pisa and put the shape on a plate or tray.
Carve off part of the bottom to make the tower lean. Do this before putting on the fondant or icing so the tower is less sticky to work with. Spread your fondant or icing over the entire tower form. Make sure that the surface is smooth.
Paint the tower with the colours you want for the columns, doorways and details. Use a different brush and dish for each colour. Food paint is 1 tbsp of light Karo syrup to 1 drop of food colouring. More drops of food colouring deepen the colour.
Tips and warnings
- The recipe for Rice Krispies treats is on the cereal box and at RiceKrispies.com. Form your tower before the mixture cools completely, making it easier to shape. Put a little butter on your hands if the mixture gets too sticky.
- Use a photo of the tower as a guide. Or consider printing out the photo on edible paper and placing it on the tower. Use icing so it will stick better.
- Try any food that you can stack to the tower height you want. Cake or brownies would be good with fondant or icing. Just carve them to the shape of the tower.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for