The removal process of freckles and moles is quite extravagant. Common procedures for freckle removal include chemical peels, and several skin-lightening treatments that may or may not be effective depending on an individual's skin type. Mole removal by freezing is effective, but often requires a trip to a dermatologist. Inexpensive home remedies are recommended for those seeking an alternative, cost-efficient way to remove freckles and moles.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- Body soap
- 2 towels
- Measuring cup
- Lemon juice
- Sour cream
- 2 bowls
- 2 spoons
- 2 cosmetic brushes
- Wart removal
- Castor oil
Moisten the freckled area with warm water. Apply body soap, and scrub in a circular motion to cleanse the area of dirt or bacteria. Rinse skin with warm water and dry with a towel.
Measure 1 cup of lemon juice and 2 tbsp of sour cream; pour mixture into a bowl.
Stir lemon juice and sour cream mixture for approximately five minutes. Mix thoroughly, until a paste-like substance is formed.
Dip a cosmetic application brush into the mixture and apply to the freckled area. More than one application may be needed to cover large freckled areas.
Leave the mixture on your skin for approximately 20 minutes.
Rinse the skin with cool water until the mixture is no longer visible. Pat dry with a towel.
Measure 2 tsp of castor oil and 2 tbsp of honey; pour into a bowl.
Stir the castor oil and honey for approximately five minutes.
Dip an application brush into the castor oil/honey mixture and apply the mixture to your mole. Let it stand for five minutes.
Apply a second layer of castor oil/honey mixture over the mole once more, and let it stand for 10 minutes.
Dampen a wash rag with warm water, blotting the skin around the mole. This removes excess mixture that may have been transferred to the skin. Dry your skin with a towel.
Tips and warnings
- Repeat the lemon-juice-and-sour-cream remedy twice a day for best results. Freckles will dramatically lighten within two to three days.
- Use the mole treatment two to three times daily for quick removal. Results for moles vary depending on skin type.
- Redness may occur on freckled areas for those with sensitive skin, when applying the lemon juice mixture. Irritation generally subsides within 30 minutes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for