Many individuals searching for ways to lose weight have heard that you can lose weight quickly with the use of laxatives. Laxatives are drugs or foods taken to soften stools or induce bowel movements. Many people believe that if they take a laxative after a meal, their body does not have a chance to absorb the calories, therefore resulting in weight loss.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Eat sensible food. Losing weight takes time. The weight you put on did not come over night but was gradually put on over a period of time. Changing your eating habits will help you shed those unwanted pounds.
Use a laxative as needed or directed by a physician, but it is not advised to use laxatives just to lose weight. Laxative use for weight loss does not permanently remove unwanted weight. In fact, most of the weight lost by using laxatives is water and mineral weight. The use of laxatives for weight loss can also cause bulimia, dehydration and colon damage.
Eat foods that are high in fibre, these will serve as natural laxatives. Fruits and vegetables are a great source of fibre.
Exercise at least three to five times a week, doing a combination of cardiovascular exercise and strength training.
Laxatives and Weight Loss
Tips and warnings
- It is important to discuss any diet or exercise plan with your physician.
- Using laxatives on an ongoing basis for weight loss can cause severe damage to the bowels.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for