Toshiba makes a line of space-saving LCD television/DVD combination units for use in any room. The DVD player is built into the edge of the flat-panel TV screen, and the disc slides into the component vertically. If you ever get a "Check Disc" error message on your Toshiba LCD/DVD combo, just follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem so you can get back to watching films.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Toshiba LCD/DVD player
- Laser lens cleaning product such as Memorex, available at electronics stores.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Lint-free cloth or lens-cleaning paper available at camera stores
Clean the problem DVD with a clean, lint-free cloth or lens cleaning paper and a few drops of rubbing alcohol. Apply the alcohol to the cloth or to the lens paper, not to the DVD itself, then rub gently in a circular motion.
Load a different DVD to determine if the problem is with the disc or the Toshiba DVD player.
Make sure the problem DVD is set to a region code for your Toshiba LCD/DVD combo. For example, Region 1 is the DVD code for North America. Only DVDs recorded for Region 1 will work on Toshiba players sold in the United States and Canada.
Unplug the Toshiba for five to 10 minutes to reset the unit.
Clean the laser lens inside the DVD player using a lens cleaning product such as Memorex. Lens cleaners are available at electronics retailers and most stores that sell DVDs.
Tips and warnings
- Don't attempt to open the cabinet of your Toshiba LCD/DVD combo. Power transformers inside make it dangerous for an untrained consumer to attempt internal repairs.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for