Applying stainless steel paint is an inexpensive way to change the look of your appliances without having to buy new ones. Stainless steel paint works best on white appliances such as fridges, stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and even toasters and blenders. Stainless steel paint can also be used on cabinets for a sleek, modern look.
Things you need
- Stainless steel paint, such as Liquid Stainless Steel
- Paint roller
- Paint tray
- Masking tape
Clean the parts of the appliance you intend to paint. Getting rid of excess dirt will result in a smoother look. Wait for it to dry, then tape off the areas you do not want to paint, such as the window of your microwave or convection oven.
Pour the paint into a paint tray. Pour only as much as needed to paint one appliance at a time.
Apply the paint in even brushstrokes. If needed, apply a second coat.
Wait for the paint to dry and touch up, if necessary.
Tips and warnings
- Paint an appliance the way you would paint a wall.
- Consult with sales associatestaff when buying stainless steel paint to be sure it will look right in your kitchen.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for