A milkshake is very easy to make with a blender, but more challenging if you don't have one on hand. However, you don't need to have a blender in order to make a milkshake. As with most kitchen utensils, a blender is merely a modern convenience that gives us a shortcut. Although requiring a bit more effort, you can make a milkshake by hand that is just as good as one made with a blender.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 litre (4 cups) ice cream
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- Flavourings (optional)
- Mixing bowl
- Large spoon
Take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes to soften.
Scoop about 1 litre (4 cups) of the softened ice cream into a bowl.
Add up to 500 ml (2 cups) of milk to the bowl, depending on how thick you want the shake to be.
Stir in optional flavourings such as vanilla extract, sugar, and cocoa powder, to taste.
Beat the mixture together with a large spoon until the ice cream, milk and flavourings are fully combined. Pour the mixture into four tall glasses and serve.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to make a fruit-flavoured milkshake without a blender, slice up softer fruits such as strawberries by sauteeing them in a pan or mixing them with sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Mash the fruit into a chunky purée, then stir into the ice cream and milk.
- Use a wire whisk instead of a spoon if you want a frothier milkshake.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for