Decorative French wood appliques can dress up any plain piece of wood or wall. You can purchase elegant rosettes to adorn your dresser or create a simple line of fleur-de-lis above a door. The only limit is your own imagination. You can purchase decorative French wood appliques at just about any craft store. They usually come in a neutral coloured wood, but you can stain them to suit your needs.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring tape
Measure the area to which you would like to apply your decorative French wooden applique. Write the measurements down.
Get an idea as to the type of wood applique you would like to purchase. Popular French designs include rosettes and fleur-de-lis. Wood appliques also come in swags, trim, drops and emblems.
Visit your local craft store. Stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby and A.C. Moore are good locations to look through. Wood appliques can usually be found in the woodworking section. If you have problems locating them, ask a sales associate.
Make your purchase. Make sure to read the back of the appliques' package. Here you will learn what else you need to attach the applique.
Tips and warnings
- Before leaving the hobby store, you may want to purchase wood glue as well as paint or staining products so your applique matches the rest of your decor.
- Large home stores like Lowes and Home Depot may also carry decorative French wood appliques.
- Cheaper appliques can break easily. Be careful when handling them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for