The liver aids the digestive system by assisting in metabolism and storing vitamins and minerals. Because the liver's function is to detoxify the body, detoxifying the liver can be a dangerous process. The safest way to detoxify your liver is to change your diet to include only vegetable smoothies for a period of time or to try a liver cleanse.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Kidney cleansing system
- Colon cleansing system
- Pure fruit juices
- Raw fruits and vegetables
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Epsom salts
- Vitamin C pill or capsule
Cleanse the kidneys and colon first. When you remove toxins from your liver, your kidneys and colon need to be able to immediately eliminate these toxins. If toxins get blocked in the kidneys and colon, health problems may arise.
Fast for two or three days, consuming only water and pure fruit juices. If you are unable to fast this long, eat only enough raw fruits and vegetables to keep you from feeling like you are starving. Plan to be home for several days to commit to your cleansing process.
Mix together fresh squeezed juice from both a lemon and a grapefruit, four tablespoons Epsom salts, one vitamin C tablet (crushed) and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
Drink the above mixture after rising and eat only fruits and vegetables for the first six hours you are awake. After the sixth hour, fast for the rest of the day.
Drink a second mixture four hours after you begin fasting. Drink a third mixture just before bed.
Lie on your right side for at least an hour, but try to remain on your side the entire night. This will help your liver better absorb the cleansing mixture.
Eat as normal upon waking the following morning. Continue to drink lots of water for the following few days so that you will flush toxins from your system.
Tips and warnings
- Expect some side effects. You will experience loose stools upon drinking the mixture and may potentially pass gallstones. You may feel tired for a couple of days after drinking the mixture; you may also experience nausea, headaches, confusion and flu-like symptoms. If your symptoms last a full week, consult a doctor.
- Consult a doctor before attempting any detoxification procedures, even if the procedures are based on the use of natural products.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for