Finger puppets are one of those crafts that never seem to grow old. Kids always love them, and so do parents because they are so easy to make and there is very little mess. Aside from making them, kids play with them for hours on end. Unlike a lot of the other kids' crafts, these don't just hang on the fridge.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Stiff paper such as cardstock
- Markers, crayons or paint
- Assorted decorations like googly eyes, cotton balls, yarn, buttons
- Glue (optional)
Create a template of the body of whatever animal or person that you are making. You are only limited by your imagination. Draw the outline of the figure, not including the legs.
Trace the figure onto the thick paper and cut out the shape.
Colour in details with a marker. This will mostly be the large details like arms, eyes and other features.
Colour and decorate the finger puppet. If you want your puppet to have googly eyes, stick them on there. If you would like your puppet to have cotton or yarn hair, glue it on as well. The possibilities are endless.
Cut two holes large enough for your child's fingers where the legs would go. If there are more than two legs, still only cut two holes. These holes will be where the child's fingers can poke through and make her puppet walk around.
Tips and warnings
- You can get even more creative by cutting a hole where an elephant's trunk would go, or a long tail.
- You can always print a template from the Internet.
- Children should be closely supervised with scissors.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for