Christmas is a wonderful time that many people commemorate by decorating their homes. One of the more traditional decorations is the Christmas wreath, which is even more beautiful at night when lit with lights. Wreaths have a history going back to ancient Greek and Roman times and have additionally been an important symbol in the Christian religion.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- A Christmas wreath
- Materials to hang the wreath
- Measuring tape
- A power cord
Select a location. You have many options when selecting a location for your Christmas wreath. A popular option is on the front door and many wreaths come with a special hook that easily allows you to do this. Be creative. Wreaths can be placed indoors or outdoors. There are special attachments to hang wreaths on vinyl siding without pounding a nail into your home.
Determine which power outlet you will use. Measure the distance you will need for the cord. Make sure the power cord is made for outdoor use if placing the wreath outside.
Run a power cord from the outlet to the wreath. This can be the most challenging step. Often the cord will be in the way or be visually unsightly. You can cover the cord with garland, use tape to hide the cord behind other objects or purchase a LED battery-operated Christmas wreath. Keep in mind that, if hung outdoors, the cord won't be visible at night.
Turn on the lights. Step back and check your wreath from a distance to make sure it is hung straight and looks great.
Tips and warnings
- Some wreaths are battery operated, which simplifies the process of hanging them and eliminates cord issues.
- You can make your own homemade Christmas wreath. Construct your wreath out of holly, floral, the traditional evergreen or even candy and string some lights through it.
- It is always important to be on guard against electrocution when working with electric devices outdoors.
- If you are hanging your wreath high, take safety precautions to ensure that you do not fall. Climbing ladders can be dangerous, especially outdoors when conditions are icy.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for