This Christmas, turn your cumbersome wood burning stove into a decorating opportunity. Follow these instructions and your wood burning stove will be the talk of your Christmas guests.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Christmas ornaments
- Batch of Christmas cookies
Make sure the stove is off and will not be used for anything other than decoration during the holiday season.
Take all of the decorations that are too heavy to hang on the tree. Use these to decorate the top of the stove. Place the tallest ornaments on the back of the stove and the smallest towards the front.
Use garland to decorate the chimney. Stick with one or two colours. People tend to go overboard with so many Christmas colours to choose from. You can also hang your stockings on the chimney, so coordinate your garland with those.
Place motif candles in star-shaped holders on the top of the stove. Be careful that you don't burn or melt any ornaments.
Leave the door to the stove open. Place a Christmas designed platter inside with plenty of cookies for Santa and guests.
Tips and warnings
- Do not use your wood burning stove as a source of heat if you are decorating with flammable fabrics.
- Do not place your Christmas tree near any source of heat.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for