It is so easy to make bread in a bread machine, you will wish you had one sooner. The entire preparation takes only minutes and in just a few hours your home will be filled with the scent of homemade bread. Follow these simple steps.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 ¼ tsp or one packet of dry yeast
Pour the liquid ingredients into the bread machine pan.
Add salt and sugar to the liquid.
Pour flour over the liquid to form a mound.
Add the yeast onto the top of the flour.
Set the bread machine setting to "Regular" or "White Bread."
Tips and warnings
- Add 1/4 cup of raisins and 1 tbsp of cinnamon to make raisin bread.
- Include 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and 2 tsp of dried herbs for cheesy herb bread.
- The bread pan is hot when removed from the machine. Use pot holders and care to ensure that you don't get burnt.